Wednesday 7 January 2009

Huge clouds in windy Wellington

I spent most of the day walking around Wellington and trying to get my bearings. Just a short 10 minute 'struggle' up the hill is the lookout point on the top of  Mt. Victoria. It's a great place to take in the Welly panorama. Walking down the hill, through the park and into the hilly side streets with the quaint painted wooden houses I couldn't help being reminded of San Francisco - thankfully less the massive 4x4s and other moving hazards.
So I made a sweeping walking tour of the city and the main sites and streets and bought a couple of Vodafone prepaid phone accounts and then walked along the shore line back home to cook some dinner. What a climb! I will surely lose some weight here providing I stick to walking. 
In the evening the wind seemed somehow to change direction and the sky was full of a massive sweeping formation. The long white cloud I guess...